VICTORY BAPTIST CHURCH BIBLE INSTITUTE
This is a faith ministry. Your support is appreciated. 3rd year, 1st semester
1. What events are included
2. Write the count of 11 tribes which were numbered over the age
of 20? (Numb 1:46)
3. Which 4 creatures are on the banners
of the 4 leading tribes as Israel assembles? Numbers 2 class notes. 4. What is the difference between Levites and priests? (Numbers
5. What important event is found in Numbers 6-7 which is not found elsewhere?
6. What signaled Israel to travel or stop? (Numb 9:15-23).
Moses' spiritual power lessened when he shared it with the 70 elders? __________ (Numb 11:17)
Did Israel still have its flocks and herds a year after leaving Egypt? ______ (Numb 11:22)
Why did Caleb (from ________) and Joshua (from _______) think Israel could defeat the inhabitants of the land? (Numb 14:6-9)
10. What was the most common complaint of Israel?
40 years for 40 days a principle for all numbered prophetic days? _______ Must the application be spelled out in each case?
12. Why was there no sacrifice for presumptuous sabbath-day
violation? (Numb 15:30-36)
13. What does Numbers 16:29-33 teach about hell-Sheol?
14. Explain the difference between Numbers 18:1-20; 21-24 and 25-28.
15. Why is the red heifer of Numbers 19 so important?
Moses struck the rock near Kadesh-Barnea Israel seems to have lived nearby many years. Why did God forbid Moses from entering
the Promised Land (20:9-11)?
17. Do you think the fiery serpent on the doctors'
symbol represents Christ as out sin-bearer? (21:8-9) ____ Compare John 3:14.
Balaam a true prophet of the LORD? _______ What was his sin? ____________ (22-24) (2 Pet 2:15; Jude 11; Rev 2:14)
19. Numbers 28-29 is a list of sacrifices required for daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal and yearly
holy days. What does this list tell us about the importance of the weekly sabbath?
was the stipulation for Reuben, Gad and Manasseh inheriting land east of the Jordan (outside Canaan)? (chapter 32)
21. Since Levites and priests could not own or inherit land in Israel, where did they live? (35)
ANSWERS: NUMBERS AND DEUTERONOMY, VBCBI
1. Numbers begins with
Israel being numbered and organized. They left Mount Sinai in 10:11-12 after being there one year. It ends with Israel at
the Jordan River awaiting Moses' repetition of the Laws to the new generation (22:1).
Numb 1:46 603, 550 men over 20 (estimate 2 million total) (12 square miles)
Lion (Judah), Man (Reuben), Ox (Ephraim), Eagle (Dan) --- the same as God's throne (Eze 1:10; 10:4; Rev 4:7)
4. Only Levites from the family of Aaron are priests. Levites are servants of their priest-brothers
in place of the firstborn of Israel. They perform all duties of the sanctuary except ministering the blood (Numbers 3-4).
5. The inauguration of the first sanctuary.
cloud would move (Numb 9:15-23).
Yes, they still had their herds.
9. Caleb from Judah; Joshua from Ephraim;
If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with
milk and honey. (Numb 14:6-8)
10. Their most common wish is that they had stayed
in Egypt. (Ex 16:3; Numb 3:4; 14:2)
11. The "year for a day" only
applies when it is specifically applied to a prophecy.
12. There never were
sacrifices for presumptuous sins. Compare Hebrews 10:26.
13. Hell-Sheol-the pit
are deeper than the grave. [NIV translation not grave.]
14. Numbers 18:1-20 describes
other benefits for the priests; 18:21-24 describes the portion of the tithes to the Levites and 18:25-28 describes the portion
for the priests.
15. The ashes of the red heifer provided remission of sins
to those outside the camp for various un-presumptuous defilements. Compare Hebrews 9:22's "almost all things."
16. Moses committed a presumptuous sin for which there was no sacrifice (29:9-11)
Those who looked up at the serpent lifted up acknowledged Israel of its sin. Those who look up at Christ acknowledge Him as
18. Yes. The Bible states many times that Balaam consulted
the LORD and the LORD spoke with him. His sin was greed.
19. The weekly Sabbath
requires fewer sacrifices than every holy day except the daily. Therefore it is not as important.
Reuben, Gad and Manasseh's soldiers must stay with the armies until all of Israel was conquered. Chapter 32.
21. Levites and priests lived on land provided to them by the other tribes. Chapter 35.