LIBERAL THEOLOGY: National Council of Churches
Victory Baptist Church Bible Institute
is a faith ministry. Donations are appreciated.
1. How do liberal and conservative
Christians disagree on biblical infallibility and preservation?2. According to liberals, what do they usually
mean when they refer to Moses' writings?
3. What is the prevailing theory among liberals concerning when Deuteronomy was written?
What is the prevailing theory among liberals concerning when Daniel was written?
5. What is the prevailing
theory among liberals concerning the sins of homosexuality?
6. List six empires which have ruled over the nation of Israel.7. Which
major biblical figure was alive in 2000 BC?
8. Give one of two approximate dates for the Exodus from Egypt.9. Which major biblical
figure was alive in 1000 BC?
10. Which world-ruling empire was prominent during the period of the Judges, Samuel, Saul,
David and Solomon?
11. When did the civil war occur which split Israel into N. Israel and S. Judah?
Which empire carried away northern Israel and when?
13. Which empire probably received tribute from Judah from
the death of Solomon (930 BC) to the time of Josiah (630 BC)?
14. Which empire carried away southern Judah and when?
What is the context of Ezekiel and Daniel?
16. Which empire allowed Judah to return to its own land and
17. Why were the Jews of Esther's time in such a predicament?
18. What is the context
of Ezra, Nehemiah, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi?
19. Which empire arose and fell between the Old and New Testaments?
What happened to Judah (and Israel) between 164 BC and the New Testament? Many choices.
21. What did the Greeks
do that united the world from Italy to India?
JEDP THEORY; LIBERAL THEOLOGY; O. T. SUMMARY
1. LIBERALS: Bible is mostly fictional tradition; CONSERVATIVES:
inspired and inerrant
2. When referring to Moses, they often mean the traditions associated with Moses but written
by many authors over centuries.
3. The Bible errs; Moses did not write Deuteronomy. It was written by Josiah's scribes
to bring revival around 630 BC.
4. The person and story of Daniel is fictitious. It was written after the event around 165
5. Homosexuality is not a sin; it is a natural consequence of genetics. Homosexuals can become church members.
Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome.
9. 1400, 1600
None. A power vacuum existed.
12. Assyria; 722 BC
15. Inside Babylon during 70 years captivity from 606 to 536 BC.
16. Persia; 539 BC
They chose to stay in Persia.
18. Post-exile: in Judea after the return from captivity. Rebuilding the temple.
20. It gained independence for about 100 years.
21. They required all conquered nations to
learn the Greek language.