ESCHATOLOGY:LAST DAY EVENTS RUSSELL EARL KELLY, PHD
RUSSELL EARL KELLY, PHD
April 12, 2023
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- REVELATION 20 AND MILLENNIAL VIEWS
- DANIEL 2; FOCUS ON THE TEN TOES (2:41-45)
- DANIEL 7; FOCUS ON THE TEN HORNS
- DANIEL 8 A TYPE OF ANTICHRIST
- DANIEL 9 FOCUS ON 9:26-27; 70 WEEKS OF YEARS
- UNCONDITIONAL PROMISES TO ISRAEL
- CHURCH AGE AND THE RAPTURE
- VIEWS OF THE SECOND COMING
- THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST (BEMA)
- TRIBULATION, FIRST HALF
- TRIBULATION, SECOND HALF
- SECOND COMING; END OF ARMAGEDDON
- MILLENNIUM; 1000-YEAR REIGN OF CHRIST ON EARTH
- GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT; REVELATION 20
- ETERNITY; REVELATION 21-22
REVELATION 20 AND MILLENNIUM VIEWS
Only Revelation 20 specifically states the exact 1000-year (millennial) reign of Christ on Earth. No other major theological term is repeated as often in sequence – 6 times in 6 straight verses (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
A. In verses 1-3, the devil will be bound and cast into the bottomless pit for 1000 years. This is “Abaddon” (Rev 9:11 ‘doom’), “Apollyon” (Grk).
B. In verse 3, life and sin on Earth will continue without Satan.
C. In verse 4, living believers and resurrected martyrs will reign with Christ on Earth for 1000 years.
D. In verses 4-6 the first resurrection is of believers.
E. In verses 7-8 Satan will be loosed for a season and will gather living unbelievers and resurrected unbelievers from Hades for one final battle.
F. In verse 9, Satan’s army will be destroyed by fire.
G. In verse 10, the devil will be cast into the lake of fire (Gehenna) where previously the beast and false prophet will have been cast (Rev 19:20).
H. In verse 11, a great white throne will be seen in outer space.
I. In verses 12-13 the unbelieving dead from the sea, death and Hades will be proven deserving of the second death according to their works.
J. In verse 14, all unbelievers will be cast into the lake of fie (Gehenna).
This Bible study course is designed to answer the question of whether or not Revelation 20:1-14 should be totally ignored, interpreted as the Church Age or interpreted literally in the future.
VIEWS OF LAST-DAY EVENTS
K. AMILLENNIALISM: (no literal future millennium)
1. The Church has replaced national Israel as God’s chosen people.
2. The Church is now “spiritual Israel.”
3. God’s promises to national Israel must be spiritually re-interpreted and re-applied to Christians.
4. Good and evil will exist together until Jesus returns.
5. The Church will go through great tribulation.
6. Deceased Christians are currently in heaven with Christ, reigning with him.
7. Christ’s return will be the end of life on Earth as we know it.
8. Christ will bring with him the resurrection of the dead, the final judgment, and the re-creation of the new heavens and the new earth.
PRETERISM: Christ returned spiritually in A. D. 70 per Matthew 24.
L. POST-MILLENNIALISM: The Church Age is the Millennium.
1. The Church has permanently replaced national Israel as God’s chosen people.
2. The Church is now “spiritual Israel.“
3. Life on earth will improve until Christ returns.
4. God’s promises to national Israel must be spiritually re-interpreted and re-applied to the Church.
5. The Church Age is the spiritual reign of Christ on Earth.
6. Christ’s return will immediately result in final judgment and the eternal state.
7. This doctrine lost favor after World War I.
M. DISPENSATIONAL PREMILLENNIALISM: (the literal millennium is future)
1. God’s promises to national Israel are both literal and eventually unconditional concerning end-time events.
2. The Church is not “spiritual Israel.”
3. God’s promises to national Israel and the Church are very different.
4. The Church Age is a mystery not seen by Old Testament prophets.
5. The Church is a parenthetical insertion between the 69th and 70th week of God’s final dealing with national Israel (Dan 9:26-27).
6. When the last member of the “mystery body of Christ” has been born-again, Jesus will return for His saints to “catch up” (Latin: rapture) His body (Acts 15:14; 1 Thes 4:17; 1 Cor 15:51-54).
7. 7 years of great tribulation will precede the second coming of Christ with His saints in glory (Rev 6-19).
8. Christ will literally rule on Earth for 1000 years (Rev 20).
DANIEL 2 is the foundation of last day prophecy. Key to this study are verses 40-44. Jesus accepted Daniel as a prophet (Mt 24:15; 26:64).
A. THE HEAD OF GOLD: BABYLON; 610-539 B. C.
2:32a This image’s head was of fine gold,
2:38 … Thou art this head of gold.
B. BREAST AND ARMS OF SILVER: (MEDIA-PERSIA, 539-330 B.C.)
2:32b … his breast and his arms of silver,
2:39a And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee,
C. BELLY AND THIGHS OF BRASS: GREECE (330 B.C. – 64 B. C.)
2:32c… his belly and his thighs of brass,
2:39b … and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
D. LEGS OF IRON: ROME (146 B.C. – 476)
2:33a His legs of iron,
2:40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
CHURCH AGE: (32 – REMOVAL). Since the fourth kingdom Roman Empire did not dissolve into a confederation of 10 nations, there is an obvious gap between verses 40 and 41. Compare Isaiah 61:1-2 c.f. Luke 4:18-19; Daniel 9:26 c.f. 27; Ephesians 2:9-10; 3:4-6; 1 Peter 1:10-12; 2:9-10.
E. FEET AND TOES OF IRON AND CLAY (MODERN EUROPE)
Daniel 2:41-44 is an unfulfilled prophecy of the second coming of Christ in glory to restore national Israel. After Western Rome disintegrated in 475 A. D., modern Europe began coming into existence for over 1000 years.
2:33b … his feet part of iron and part of clay.
2:41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters’ clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
2:42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
**Most important, 2:44 says that God’s kingdom will not be established until after the former Roman Empire has been reassembled into a weak confederacy. History reveals that Europe has been semi-week and semi-strong for many centuries already. Therefore, this sign of Christ’s return in glory is already present.
F. STONE STRIKES THE IMAGE ON ITS FEET DUING A WEAK CONFEDERACY AND DESTROYS IT.
Contrary to what many teach, the “stone” is not the Church at Christ’s first coming. First, Daniel is not about the Church. Second, the Roman Empire was not in a weakened state in A. D. 33. Third, the Roman Empire did not peak until A. D. 180.
2:34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
2:45a Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold;
G. FORMER KINGDOMS DISAPPEAR
2:35a Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them:
H. STONE FILLS THE WHOLE EARTH
2:35b … and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.
Note: This cannot refer to the Church. The kingdom of God will spread to the entire earth after Christ’s second coming in glory.
I. UNCONDITIONAL PROPHECY
2:45b … the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
Daniel 7 adds to chapter 2. It introduces the Antichrist who will enter last-day history following some kind of crisis in the revived confederacy of Western Europe.
7:1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
7:2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
A. LION OF BABYLON (610-539 B. C.)
7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.
B. BEAR OF MEDIA-lPERSIA (539-330 B. C.)
7:5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
[Media arose first; Persia dominated; overthrew 3 kingdoms]
C. LEOPARD OF GREECE (330-164 B. C.)
7:6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.
[Alexander’s generals of Greece, Macedonia, Seleucid (Syria), Egypt]
D. DRAGON OF ROME (146 B. C. TO A. D. 476)
7:7a After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with
the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; … (7:19)
7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
CHURCH AGE GAP (A. D. 32 TO REMOVAL); Dan 2:44-45; 9:26-27; Isa 61:1-2)
E. TEN HORNS OF ROME (future, Rev 17:12)
Again, the original Roman Empire did not disintegrate into 10 weaker nations and Revelation 17:12 confirms it is future.
7:7b … and it had ten horns. (7:20)
7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise …
Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 that the time of Antichrist was yet future.
F. LITTLE HORN (future; Rev 17:12, 20)
Antichrist will replace and/or control 3 of the 10 kingdoms.
7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
7:24 … and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. Compare (9:26-27; 12:11-12; Rev 11:2-3; 12:6, 7, 14; 13:5.
G. GOD’S JUDGMENT OF THE HORNS; TRIBULATION (Revelation 13-19)
7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
H. DESTRUCTION OF MAN’S KINGDOMS
7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
I. SON OF MAN REIGNS FOREVER; Mt 24:30; 26:62-66
7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
7:18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
Daniel 8 is important for Bible prophecy because Jesus twice quoted Daniel’s antichrist as a type of the last day antichrist (Mt 24:15; 26:64)
8:1 In the third year of the reign of king Belshazzar a vision appeared unto me, even unto me Daniel, after that which appeared unto me at the first.
8:2 And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai.
A. RAM OF MEDIA-PERSIA (539 B. C. TO B. C. 330)
8:3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.
8:4 I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great.
8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
B. GOAT OF GREECE (B. C. 330 TO B. C. 64)
8:5a And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground …
8:21a And the rough goat is the king of Grecia …
C. ALEXANDER THE GREAT OF GREECE (356 – 323 B. C.)
8:5b … and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.
8:6 And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had there seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power.
8:7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.
8:8a 8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken …
8:21b …and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
D. GREECE, MACEDONIA, SELEUCID SYRIA, EGYPT (323 – 64 B. C.)
8:8b … and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.
8:22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
E. ANTIOCHUS IV EPIPHANES (B. C. 175 – B. C. 164)
8:9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
8:10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
8:11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practiced, and prospered.
8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
8:14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practice, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand. [Compare Daniel 2:45.]
8:26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.
8:17 … Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.
8:18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.
8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
Note: While portions of chapters 8 and 9 may have a primary reference to Antiochus Epiphanes, Jesus made it clear that their final applicatyin refers to a future antichrist. Compare 8:19 and 8:26 with Matthew 24:15 and 26:54 also quoted in Mark.
Daniel 9:24-27 is one of the Bible’s best examples of fulfilled prophecy which proves the existence of God. U
Using known Hebrew calendar adjustments, it reaches forward to a
prophesied event recorded in Nehemiah, chapter two and correctly extends forward to the exact year of Christ’s crucifixion.
A. A 490 period of prophetic weeks of years is introduced: 7 x 70 = 490.
Dan 9:24a Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city …
The 490 years of prophetic time only refers to national Israel (thy people) and Jerusalem (thy holy city) – not the church.
B. Daniel 9:24b …
(1) “to finish the transgression
(2) to make an end of sins
(3) to make reconciliation for iniquity
(4) to bring in everlasting righteousness
(5) to seal up the vision and prophecy,
(6) to anoint the most Holy”
Six things will be accomplished within the period of the “490”weeks of prophetic years. Although sin persists during the Millennium, most see these being fulfilled concerning Israel either at Calvary or during the 7-year Great Tribulation.
C. Dan 9:25a Know therefore and understand that, from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem
Nehemiah 2:8 And a letter [from the Persian king] unto Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me [B. C. 445-444]. [Compare Ezra 1:1-4 and 7 [B. C. 539].
D. Dan 9:25b … unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
7 weeks + 62 (threescore and two weeks)= 69 x 7 weeks of years = 483 prophetic years would reach “unto the time of Messiah the Prince.”
Using the decree of Nehemiah 2 to begin at B. C. 445-444 and subtracting it from 483 yields 38-39 A. D. (to when one year is added to allow for no year “0”). Although this should be close enough to prove that God’s hand was in the prophecy, the prophecy is even more precise.
In 1894 Sir Robert Anderson wrote The Coming Prince. He argued that Hebrews used a calendar of 360 days with twelve 30-day months. He then multiplied 483 years times 360 days to conclude that 173,880 prophetic day of years were involved.
[483 x 360 = 173,880 prophetic years]
Prophetic days of years are converted into literal years by dividing 173,880 by 365.25.
(173,880 / 365.25 yields 476 years plus a few days.
When Nehemiah 2’s date of 445-444 B. C. is subtracted from 476 years, the result is A. D. 31-32 — the best historical dates for the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. This proves God’s Word is inspired.
[476 – 445-444 B. C. = A. D. 31-32]
HEBREW CALENDARS: Jews knew from surrounding nations that a solar year was 365 ¼ days long. Therefore, Hebrews were forced to add extra days to their calendar in order to keep the Passover lined up with the third full moon of the new year. Because the lunar cycle alternated 29- and 30-day months, they also added an extra month 4 times every 11 years and later 7 times every 19 years. This would give them 365 ¼ days year.
Mark 1:15 and Galatians 4:4w-5 suggest that the Jews may have already made similar calculations and expected the Messiah soon.
Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law.
E. Dan 9:26a And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself…
MESSIAH WILL DIE AFTER THE 69TH WEEK (483RD YEAR): The prophecy says that Messiah will be “cut off” “after” the 69 weeks had been fulfilled (7 + 62).
F. Dan 9:26b … and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
JERUSALEM AND TEMPLE DESTROYED IN 70 A. D.: Almost everybody agrees that 9:26b refers to pagan Rome, Titus Vespasian and the destruction of the Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 A. D.
G. THE SEQUENCE REQUIRES A TIME GAP: The sequence of events is extremely important. The literal biblical order is:
(1) The 69th week ends (Dan 9:25).
(2) Messiah will be cut off after the 69th week ends (Dan 9:26a).
(3) Jerusalem and the temple will be destroyed in A. D. 70 (Dan 9:26b).
(4) The 70th week will begin after A. D. 70 A. D. (Dan 9:27).
a) “He” in 9:27 refers to the nearest antecedent “Prince” of 9:26, a type of anti-Christ.
b) “He” (Anti-Christ will make and break a future 7-year covenant with Israel.
c) it is noteworthy that God does not break covenants
(5) The Most Holy will anointed at the end of the 70th week (9:24). This probably refers to the Millennial temple.
H. OUT OF SEQUENCE ERROR: Those who teach that the 70 weeks were Israel’s last chance to accept its Messiah end the entire 70-week period with the events immediately surrounding Calvary between 30-34 A. D. They then teach that 9:26b is an out-of-sequence parenthetical description of the events of 70 A. D. They then teach that national Israel is henceforth completely out of the scope of biblical prophecy and the Church has replaced it as “spiritual” Israel.
(1) The 69th week ends (Dan 9:25).
(2) Messiah is cut off; Christ is crucified (Dan 9:26a).
(3) Jerusalem and the temple are destroyed in 70 A. D. (Dan 9:26b).
(4) Point #3 is out of sequence; the 70th week concerns Christ.
a) “He” in 9:27 is Jesus beginning 7 last years of ministry to Israel.
b) “He” in 9:27 is Jesus who desolates the Temple by his death.
(5) The interpretation that the Church has replaced national Israel is wrong for many reasons:
a) Scores of God’s unconditional promises to Israel as a nation have not been fulfilled.
b) There are too many differences between national Israel and the Church to blend them into one.
c) The prophecies of Daniel 2 and 7 concerned nations which ruled Israel and there are no grounds for a change to a spiritual nation. A
d) Daniel 9:24 does not allow for a change from national Israel to the Church.
e) The Church began over 150 years before the Roman Empire peaked. There was no disintegration into 10 kingdoms.
f) Revelation 17:12 says the 10 kingdoms are not yet.
UNCONDITIONAL PROMISES TO ISRAEL
The following texts all unconditionally promise that God will never abandon national Israel as His chosen nation. These are just a small portion of available texts. Although the timing of the fulfillment is conditional, the inevitable fulfillment is unconditional. This fact is THE major dividing-point between amillennialists, post-millennialists and premillennialists (dispensationalists). Israel is very much still a major part of future prophecy and the last days.
GEN 13:15 … all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever.
2 SAMUEL 7:16 [To DAVID] And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.
AMOS 9:12 Israel shall rule all nations.
AMOS 9:15 Israel will “no more be pulled up out of its land”
ISA 2:2 [JERUSALEM TEMPLE] And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
ISA 2:3 [GENTILES WORSHIP IN THE TEMPLE] And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
ISA 11:6 ANIMALS will be tame and live together on earth.
ISA 24:23 the LORD will rule from Jerusalem, Zion
ISA 49:16 God will not forget Israel; it is graven on His palms.
ISA 54:3 Israel’s seed will inherit the land of the Gentiles.
ISAIAH 60-66 MESSIANIC REIGN ON EARTH
MICAH 4:1 In the last days God will establish his throne in Jerusalem and other nations will come to it.
MIC 4:2 JERUSALEM is the focus of worship in the last days.
MIC 4:7 YAHWEH will rule from Jerusalem forever.
MIC 5:5-7 When last-day Assyria invades Israel, 7 shepherds will defend it and conquer them.
JOEL 3:1-14 After the scattered of Israel return, God will gather all nations.
JOEL 3:20 “Judah shall dwell forever and Jerusalem from generation to generation.”
JEREMIAH 14: 7, 21 Do not forsake us “for thy name’s sake; remember your covenant with us.”
JER 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
JER 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
JER 30:3 For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.”
JER 30:11 God will never “make a full end” of Israel.
JER 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah.
[JER 31:31-34 is quoted in Hebrews 8:8-13 as the New Covenant.]
*JER 31:35-36 God’s covenant with the houses of Israel and Judah is as sure as the existence of the sun, moon and stars.
EZE 16:60-62 God will remember His covenant with Israel and will again establish them.
EZE 20:44 God deals with Israel “for my name’s sale” (because of His unconditional promises) and not because of its actions.
EZE 36:22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
EZE 36:25-26 Cleanse Israel and give them a new heart.
EZE 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
EZE 37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
EZE 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince forever.
DAN 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
DAN 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
DAN 9:17-19 [Daniel’s prayer for people of Jerusalem.] not for our sakes but for your name’s sake.
ZECH 10:6-12 Judah and Ephraim to be restored.
ZECH 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
ZECH 13:1 [Israel will accept Jesus of David as Messiah.]
ZECH 14:3 YAHWEH will intervene for Israel.
ZECH 14:4 YAHWEH will stand upon the Mount of Olives and split it.
ZECH 14:8 Living waters will flow from Jerusalem.
ZECH 14:9 YAHWEH will be king of all the earth.
ZECH 14:16 The remnant of the Gentiles will worship in Jerusalem.
MATT 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
ACTS 1:6-7 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
REVELATION 7 [12,000 from each tribe of Israel plus an innumerable multitude of others
REVELATION 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.
THE CHURCH AGE AND RAPTURE
Alongside the biblical teaching that national Israel is still very much in God’s plans for the future is the biblical teaching that the Church is quite different from national Israel and has different promises and a different prophetic timeline for its removal. There are simply too
many differences between God’s promises to national Israel and God’s promises to the Church to ignore.
A. AN UNGRASPED MYSTERY IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Isa 60:3 (1-7) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
Zech 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.
B. A MYSTERY HIDDEN TO OLD TESTAMENT PROPHETS
Israel is a nation; the Church is the mystery body of Christ (Eph 5:23; Col 1:18). The prophets did not understand that God would someday include Gentiles in all of His blessings). The Church Age is between the 69th and 70th week of God’s plan for national Israel. When the Church is complete, Christ will “catch it up” to heaven and finish His plan for Israel.
1 PETER 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1 Pet 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Pet 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1 Pet 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith.
EPHESIANS 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him. [Ephesians 2 all] [Col 2 all]
EPHESIANS 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
EPHESIANS 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
EPHESINS 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel …
EPHESIANS 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
COLOSSIANS 1:18 Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
C. THE CHURCH WILL BE KEPT FROM WRATH, ISRAEL WILL NOT.
1 THESSALONIANS 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
1 THESSALONIANS 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath , but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.
REVELATION 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
D. THE CHURCH WILL BE CAUGHT UP (Latin: RAPTURED)
1 THESSALONIANS 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1 THES 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1 THES 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1 THES 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1 THES 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up [Latin: rapture] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1 CORINTHIANS 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1 Cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Cor 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1 Cor 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
E. COMPARING THE RAPTURE AND THE SECOND COMING IN GLORY
(1) RAPTURE: Meets believers in the air. 1 Thes 4:15-17; Acts 1:9-11
(1) SECOND COMING: Meets Israel on earth, Zech 14:4-5; Rev 19
(2) RAPTURE: Christ does not touch earth. Acts 1:11
(2) SECOND COMING: Christ comes to stay for 1000 years. Rev 20; Mal 3:2-4
(3) RAPTURE: For the church. 1 Thes 4:15-17; 1 Cor 15:51-55
(3) SECOND COMING: For Israel and tribulation saints. Rev 19; Mal 3:2-4
(4) RAPTURE: To keep promises to the church. Jn 14:1-3
(4) SECOND COMING: To keep promises to Israel through OT prophets.
(5) RAPTURE: “With” souls of saints to get bodies. 1 Thess 4:14-18
(5) SECOND COMING: “With: saints and angelic armies. Rev 19
(6) RAPTURE: “Church” an O.T. “mystery” Rom 16:25; Eph 5:32
(6) SECOND COMING: Natural Israel not a mystery; always God’s nation.
(7) RAPTURE: Kept from final wrath of great tribulation. 1 Thes 1:10; 5:9; Rev 3:10
(7) SECOND COMING: Except for the 144,000. All o thers suffer the great tribulation. Rev 6-18
(8) RAPTURE: IMMINENT: At any time: no prophecy yet to be fulfilled.
(8) SECOND COMING: After last day apostasy, revelation of antichrist, and many prophecies fulfilled. Eze 36:31-33.
F. REJECTING THE MID-TRIBUATION RAPTURE
(1) The theory ignores the difference between God’s promises to the Church and His promises to Israel. The 7-year tribulation period is specifically for Israel and Jerusalem (Dan 9:24).
(2) The 7 churches are prominent in Revelation 2 and 3. The Church is seen in heaven in chapters 4 and 5 (5:8-10). It is not seen in chapters 6-18. Christ will come with His saints in Revelation 19:14.
(3) The worldwide effects of the 7 seals are part of the wrath of God, or the Day of the Lord. God has promised that the church will be kept from wrath (1 Thes 1:10; 5:9 and Rev 3:10).
(4) While the 144,000 Hebrews will be protected from the wrath of God (Rev 7:3-8), the great multitude of others will not be protected from the wrath of God (Rev 7:9-17). “They have come out of great tribulation” (Rev 7:14).
VIEWS OF THE SECOND COMING (A REVIEW)
A. POST-MILLENNIAL: The church age is the millennium. Life will get better and better until Christ returns.
B. AMILLENNIAL: There is no millennium. Good and evil will exist together. The church will go through a time of great tribulation before Christ returns.
C. PRETERISM: The Second Coming of Christ was spiritual in A. D. 70 when pagan Rome destroyed the Jerusalem Temple. The resurrection is a spiritual event.
D. PRE-MILLENNIAL: The 1000-year millennial reign of Christ on Earth is future and literal. The Church Age will end with the catching up (rapture).
(1) POST-TRIBULATION RAPTURE:
At the end of 7-year great tribulation.
(2) MID-TRIBULATION RAPTURE: Rev 11 witnesses are a type
In the middle of the 7-year great tribulation.
(3) PARTIAL-RAPTURE; Heb 9:28
Only active Christians will be taken out of wrath.
(4) PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE:
Before the 7-year great tribulation.
1 Th 1:10; 5:9; Rev 3:10
JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST
The Bema is the judgment seat of the righteous. It does not determine whether or not one has been saved (John 3:16-19). It determines the eternal degrees of rewards of the righteous. Many believe it will take place in heaven during the 7-year tribulation on Earth.
A. Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
B. 2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
C. 1 Cor 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1 Cor 3:13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
1 Cor 3:14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1 Cor 3:15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
D. CROWNS (WREATHS; STE-PHA-NOS)
CROWN OF VICTORY; 1 COR 9:25
CROWN OF LIFE; REV 2:10
CROWN OF GLORY; 1 PET 5:2-4
CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS; 2 TIM 4:8
CROWN OF REJOICING; 2 THESS 2:19-20`
FIRST HALF OF TRIBULATION
Russel Earl Kelly, PHD
November 30, 2022
THE STAGE IS SET:
1. Eze 36:18; 37:11 Israel is once again a nation and Israelites from the whole house of Israel are returning from all over Europe.
2. Matt 24:32-33 fig tree, all signs; at the doors
3. Matt 24:34 this generation shall not pass till all fulfilled
4. Dan 2:41-44; 7:7, 20-24 Europe (the revived confederacy of the Roman Empire) ceased to exist and is now back in place.
5. 2 Tim 2:3; 3:1-3 There is a general falling away of the Church.
1. 2 Thes 4:13-18;1 Cor 15:51-54; Rev 3:10; 5:1
Removal of the Church to keep it from wrath.
2. Dan 7:8, 20, 24 Confederated Europe will have a crisis and choose Antichrist as its leader.
3. Dan 9:27 Antichrist will make a 7-year covenant of peace with Israel (3 ½ years, 42 montsh, 1260 days)
4. Rev 11:1,2 temple is rebuilt during first half of the 7 years.
5. Eze 38:11 Protected by Antichrist, Israel disarms.
6. Rev 13, 17, 18 Antichrist forms his own church system.
FIRST 3 ½ YEARS OF TRIBULATION WRTH:
(3 ½ YEARS; 42 MONTHS, 1260 DAYS)
1. Rev 6:1-17 6 of 7 seals are opened
Rev 6:1-2 1st: white horse; antichrist conquers
Rev 6:3-4 2nd; red horse; antichrist conquers
Rev 6:5-6) 3rd; black horse, antichrist controls commerce
Rev 6:7-8 4th; pale horse, starvation
Rev 6:9-11 5th; tribulation martyrs want revenge
Rev 6:12-17 6th; revenge-the wrath of God, is hee
2. Rev 7:1-17
Rev 7:1-8 144,000 seals Israelite evangelists
Rev 7:9-17 a great multitude of martyrs
3. Rev 8:1 7th seal contains 7 trumpets
4. Rev 8:3-5 prayers of martyrs are being answered
5. Rev 8:6 to 9:21 6 of 7 trumpets sound
Rev 8:7 1st; 1/3 trees and all green grass burns
Rev 8:8; 2nd; mountain into sea; 1/3 sea becomes blood
Rev 8:9 3rd; 1/3 sea life dies; 1/3 ships in sea sink
Rev 8:10-11 star Wormwood; 1/3 rivers and fountains dead
Rev 8:12 4th; 1/3 sun, moon, stars
Rev 8:13 3 woes to come
Rev 9:1-12 5th; bottomless pit opened; Apolyon; locusts; torture
followers 5 months
Rev 9:13-21 6th; 200 mullion beasts from Euphrates kill 1/3 men
6. Rev 10:1-11 the little book; sweet in mouth; bitter in belly
7. Rev 11:1-2 Jerusalem controlled by Gentiles 42 mo.; temple safe
8. Rev 11:3 2 witnesses prophesy in Jerusalem 1260 days; Zech 4
9. Rev 11:4 2 witnesses are the 2 olive trees and 2 candlesticks
10. Rev 11:5 none can harm them during their prophecy
11. Rev 11:6 power over all plagues
12. Rev 11:7 at end of 1260 day, beast will kill them
13. Rev 11:8-10 not allowed to be buried 3 ½ days; wicked rejoice
14. Rev 11:11-12 came alive, Come up
15. Rev 11:14 earthquake; 7000 die, God is glorified; 2nd woe past
SECOND HALF OF TRIBULATION: GREAT TRIBULATION
FINAL 3 ½ YEARS, 42 MONTHS, 1260 DAYS; GREAT TRIBULATION
BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON AND SIMULTANEOUS EVENTS
1. Dan 9:27 After 3 ½ years Antichrist breaks his covenant w Israel.
2. 2 Thes 2:2-10 Antichrist occupies the Temple; demands worship
3. Matt 24:15 Antichrist defiles the temple; (Israel rejects him)
4. Rev 12:17 Antichrist declares open war against Israel.
5. Rev 13 all; Antichrist has control of religion and commerce.
6. Matt 24:16-20; Rev 12:6,14 many Israelites flee to the mountains 1260 days
7. Matt 24:21 greatest tribulation ever begins (2nd 3 ½ years)
8. Matt 24:22 unless shortened, all will die
9. Matt 24:23-26 false Christs, false preachers
PRELUDE TO ARMAGEDDON
10. Rev 14:6-11 call to “Come out of Babylon”
11. Rev 14:12; 15:1-3 tribulation martyrs
12. Rev 14:13; 18:4 even more martyrs to come
13. Rev 14:14-19 reaping of final wrath begins
14. Rev 14:20 blood to horses’ bridles
15. Rev 15:2-4 more martyrs seen in heaven
16. Rev 15:1, 5-6 temple scene in heaven
17. Rev 16:1 7 vials poured out on beast followers
18. Rev 16:2 1ST vial; sore; Zech 14:12 flesh, eyes, tongue
19. Rev 16:3 2nd vial; sea life dies
20. Rev 16:4-7 3RD vial; fresh water life dies
GOD IS DECLARED RIGHTEOUS FOR HIS WRATH
21. Rev 16:8-9 4TH vial; sun scorches
22. Rev 16:10-11 5th vial; painful darkness at seat of beast
23. Rev 16:12-14 6TH vial; unclean spirits dry Euphrates; beasts’ allies gather for Armageddon; 14:20
(Joel 3:1-10; Eze 38-39; Zech 12:2b; 14:1-2a)
24. Rev 16:15 Jesus promises to come as a thief
25. Rev 16:16 God gathers enemy armies at Armageddon
26. Rev 16:17-21; 7TH vial; “It is done”; time for salvation ends
BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON BEGINS
27. Rev 16:18 greatest earthquake ever will split Antichrist’s city into three parts and destroy the cities of the nations. Every island and mountain will be leveled.
28. Rev 16:19 Babylon will split into three parts
29. Rev 16:19 the cities of all nations fell
30. Rev 16:20 all islands and mountains disappear
31. Rev 16:21 hailstones will fall upon men; they blaspheme God.
32. Rev 16:21 exceeding great hailstones
SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON
33. Rev 17-18 describes Antichrist’s false church system during the tribulation period and its destruction
34. Rev 17:2 describes Antichrist’s world-wide church-state.
35. Rev 17:3 Antichrist beast supports the false church
36. Rev 17:4-5, 18 called “Babylon the Great”
37. Rev 17:7-8; Dan 7:25 the Antichrist beast will be Satan himself
38. Rev 17:9 7 heads of the beast 7 mts on which the woman sits
39. Rev 17:10-11 7 kings: 5 fallen, 1 is, 1 to come, 8th is of the 7
(?Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece/Rome/Rome resurrected?)
40. Rev 17:12-14 (10 kings not yet); beast gives power one hour
41. Rev 17:15-16 10 kings destroy the false church
42. Rev 17:17 This is all God’s plan.
43. Rev 17:18 the woman is the city that rules earth
44. Rev 18:1-3 angel cries “Babylon is fallen” per 14:8
45. Rev 18:4 a last call will be heard to “Come out of her, my people” Compare Rev 15:2-4.
THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON MOVES TO JERUSALEM;
ANTICHRIST IS TEMPORATILY VICTORIOUS (A)
46. Zech 12:1-3 Jerusalem a burden to all nations
47. Zech 14:1-2 all nations invade Israel and besiege Jerusalem.
JERUSALEM WILL FALL TEMPORARILY (B)
48. Zech 14:2 Jerusalem will fall; half citizens removed.
JESUS RETURNS TO THE MOUNT OF OLIVES (C, D)
49. Zech 14:3 TheLORD will return and fight against all nations.
50. Zech 14:4 Jesus stands on Mt of Olives; divides north and south
ISRAELITES WILL FLEE TO THE VALLEY (E)
51. Zech 14:5a inhabitants of Jerusalem flee to the East-West valley
JESUS WILL ENTER JERUSALEM THROUGH EASTERN GATE
52. Eze 48 the Prince will enter Jerusalem through the eastern gate
53. Matt 24:27 Christ will come as lightning from the east
54. Matt 24:28 there will be death when He comes) carcass, eagle
55. Matt 24:29 immediately after that tribulation; singing in heavens
56. Zech 14:5b Jesus will return with all the saints (F)
57. Zech 14:6-7 light will shine dimly day and night (G)
58. Matt 24:30 sign; mourning; Christ comes in glory and clouds
59. Rev 19:11-15 in glory with all His saints and angels.
60. Zech 12:5 governors of Judah stay true to God (H)
61. Zech 12:6 governors of Judah fight and restore Jerusalem (H)
62. Zech 12:7-8 The LORD shall save Judah. (I)
63. Zech 12:9 LORD will destroy all nations that fight against Judah (I)
HOW ANTICHRIST WILL BE DEFEATED WHEN CHRIST COMES
64. Zech 12:4 all horses will be blind (K)
65. Zech 14:12; Rev 16:2 Invading army’s flesh will melt. (L)
66. Zech 14:13 Invading soldiers will fight each other.(M)
67. Zech 14:14 spoils of war will come to Jerusalem (N)
68. Zech 14:15 plague will be upon all of the enemies’ animals (O)
VICTORY CELEBRATION IN JERUSALEM
69. Matt 24:31 angels gather elect from heavens and earth
70. Zech 12:10 grace, Judah repents for crucifying Christ (P)
71. Zech 12:11-13 Jerusalem mourns for its sins; Levites and all (Q)
72. Zech 13:1 salvation; fountain for sin in house of David (R)
73. Zech 13:2-7 no more prophets or prophecy (S)
74. Zech 13:8 2/3 people of the land are cut off (from righteous) (T)
75. Rev 19:19-20 Antichrist and his false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire (Gehenna)
76. Rev 19:21; Eze 38:22 The remainder of Antichrist’s army and worshippers will be slain by Christ. Jesus will fight against His enemies with pestilence, fire, brimstone and hailstone
1. Zech 14:8 (when Christ arrives in Jerusalem) living waters will go out (to the Mediterranean and to the River Jordan)
2. Zech 14:9 in that day the LORD shall be king over all the earth
3. Zech 13:9 1/3 refined; “It is My people.”
BETWEEN THE SECOND COMING
IN GLORY AND THE MILLENNIUM
1. Zech 14:15 War booty will make Jerusalem rich.
2. Eze 39:9-14; Rev 19:17-18 A period of cleanup will follow the second coming of Christ in glory.
THE MILLENNIUM, THOUSAND-YEAR
REIGN OF MESSIAH ON EARTH
1. Rev 19:19-21 Only born-again Christians will enter the Millennium as un-resurrected saints. These are the survivors of the great tribulation, Antichrist and God’s wrath. Since many of their subsequent children will not be saved.
2. Zech 14:9 The Lord will be king over all Earth.
3. Zech 14:10; Rev 16:15 There will be no mountains.
4. Isa 2:2-4; 11:1-12; Micah 4:2-3; 5:1-9; Zech 14:16-21
Jerusalem will be the center of world-wide worship
5. Rev 20:1-3 Satan will be cast into the bottomless pit for 1000 years.
6. Jer 23:3-6; Deu 30:2-3; Amos 9:11-15; Hos 14:4-9; Rom 11:26
All Israel will fully return from being scattered.
7. Rev 20:4 The tribulation martyrs will reign with Christ.
8. Matt 19:28 The 12 apostles will rule the 12 tribes of Israel.
9. I Cor 6:2 Gentile Christians will rule the remainder of Earth under the direction of Jerusalem. [The first resurrection has several phases and is for the righteous only.]
10. Isa 60-66; Joel 3:18-21 The land of Israel will be extremely fruitful.
11. Eze 40-43 A memorial temple will be built.
12. Isa 11:6-9 Animals and snakes will not be harmful.
13. Isa 2:4; Joel 3:10; Mic 4:3 There will be no weapons during the 1000 years.
14. Isa 60:12; Ps 2:9; Dan 2:44-45; 7:14, 18, 27; Rev 19:15 Messiah will rule with a rod of iron
15.Isa 60:19-20 God’s glory will replace the glory of the sun and moon and there will be no night (in Jerusalem).
16. Isa 61:6; Ex 19:5-6All Hebrews will be priests in the memorial temple.
17. At the end of the 1000 years Satan will be loosed and gather the wicked from all nations to attack Jerusalem (Rev 20:7-9a).
18. God will destroy the wicked (Rev 20:9b).
19. Satan will be cast into the lake of fire (Gehenna) (Rev 20:10).
THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT
A. The judgment verdict of unbelievers occurs when they reject the gospel (John 3:16-18; 16:8-9).
B. The final judgment declaration of unbelievers will occur in outer space (Rev 20:11a).
C. Earth and its atmosphere will disappear (Rev 20:11b).
D. The bodies and souls of all unbelievers constitute the second resurrection (John 5:29; Rev 20:6, 12, 13).
E. Unbelievers will be judged according to their words because they rejected Christ and their names were not found in the book of life (John 3:16-18; Rev 20:12-15).
F. Death and Hell (Hades) will be cast into the lake of fire (Gehenna) (Rev 20:14).
A. God will create a new heaven and a new earth with no oceans (Rev 21:1).
B. A new Jerusalem will descend to the new Earth. God will dwell with mankind in all His glory (Rev 21:2-3).
C. Eternity (Rev 21-22).
Russell Earl Kelly, PHD
1211 Bluefield Ave
Elizabethton, Tn 37643