VICTORY BAPTIST CHURCH
BIBLE INSTITUTE, VBCBI
1 CORINTHIANS 9-13, VBCBI
THIS IS A FAITH MINISTRY. YOUR SUPPORT IS APPRECIATED.
FIRST CORINTHIANS 9 TO 13 SURVEY
VBCBI, 2nd year, 1st semester, Russell Earl Kelly, PHD
1. 9:1-15 FREEDOM TO ACCEPT OR REFUSE WAGES
What “right, authority” did Paul have concerning wages?
2. 9:7-14 What eternal principle is illustrated in 9:7-14? [soldier, farmer, herdsmen, grinding ox, temple worker, gospel worker]
3. 9:16-19 Why did Paul refuse to be paid for preaching the gospel?
4. 9:20-27 When only in the company of Jews (or Gentiles), how would Paul act? ____________________________ Do you agree? Why? ___________________________
5. 10:1-12 How should Christians use the Old
6. 10:13 What is the maximum God will allow us to be tempted? ______________________________
7. 11:1-2 How confident was Paul that he was being a good example to other Christians? ____________________________
8. 11:3 Why is a leader necessary?
9. 11:11-12 husbands and wives _______ ______ ________
10. 11:14-15 What is the context of the discussion about hair length?
11. 11:16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such _______, neither the churches of God.
12. 11:20-22 What is Paul objecting to?
13. CHAPTER 12: SPIRITUAL GIFTS
(8) the word of wisdom; word of knowledge
(9) faith; healing;
(10) miracles; prophecy; discerning of spirits; tongues; interpretation of tongues
(11) What two things does 12:11 teach about spiritual gifts? ________________________ and ___________________. Who is God in 12:24? __________
14. What does 12:22-23 say about church members who perform little noticed tasks? ________________________
15. What does 12:30 teach about tongues?
16. According to 12:31, which gifts should be least desired? ___________________________________
17. 13: THE LOVE CHAPTER
13:1-3 Which 4 gifts and martyrdom is love (charity) greater than: _________, _______________, ___________________ and ____________________.
18. (13:8-10) Which 3 “partial” spiritual gifts will “vanish”?
________________, ____________ and __________.
19. (13:11) Who were the partial gifts for? ____________ ______________
20. 13:10, 12 “Perfect” means “fully mature; grown up.” Comparing 13:10 with 13:12, does Paul consider himself to be “fully mature spiritually”? Is he still using those gifts?
21. 13:11 Compare Heb 5:13-14 with 1 Cor 13:8. When will the church not require t he “gifts” of prophets, tongues and (special) knowledge?
Paul had the right (authority) to receive wages for preaching the gospel just like other disciples who had received wages.
Every vocation (calling) provides material benefits for its workers.
He had been saved freely. He felt obligated to lead others to Christ without being paid.
When only with Jews, Paul acted Jewish. This could cause others to accuse him of hypocrisy.
We use the O.T. as inspired examples; we learn from their examples.
God will allow believers to be tempted to the point of actually sinning
Paul was so confident that he used himself as an example.
Somebody must make final decisions
Husband and wife need each other.
Prostitutes in Corinth did not cover their heads.
Paul is objecting to some eating in front of others who have no food.
ALL BELIEVERS HAVE GIFTS; THE SPIRIT DECIDES WHICH GIFTS WE RECEIVE; THE SPIRIT IS GOD
NOT ALL BELIEVERS SPEAK IN TONGUES
Tongues and interpretation of tongues are the least important.
Tongues, prophecies, knowledge, faith
Prophecies, tongues, knowledge
When God’s will is revealed in the completed Bible.