VICTORY BAPTIST CHURCH
BIBLE INSTITUTE, VBCBI
PSALMS Q & A, VBCBI
PSALMS Q & A
1. How many Psalms are in the Bible?
2. Compared to other Old Testament books, how often is Psalms quoted in the New Testament and by Jesus?
3. How is Psalms used in finding books of the Bible?
4. Approximately how many Psalms did David write?
5. What does “Selah” mean?
6. What subjects are covered in the Psalms?
7. What is the key to understanding the Messianic Psalms?
8. Using a reference Bible, which Psalms are quoted in Romans 3:10-18?
9. What does “the law” refer to in Romans 3:19 and “law” in Romans 3:20?
10. Where does Psalms reveal that Messiah is God’s Son?
11. Where does God reveal that the Gentiles will be ruled ith a rod of iron?
12. Where does God reveal that Messiah would die, His soul would not remain in Sheol and His body would not decay?
13. What text did Peter use to prove that Messiah would die and be resurrected?
14. What text prophesied that Jesus’ garments would be istributed by casting lots?
15. How many times did Jesus quote Psalms from the cross?
16. Where does Psalms teach imputed righteousness by faith?
17. Where does Jesus quote Psalms in His Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)?
18. Where does Hebrews 10:5-7 quote from?
19. When Jesus stated that a close friend would betray him in John 13:18, which Psalm did he quote?
20. What does “Thy Throne, O God, is forever” in Hebrews 1:8-9 quote?
21. While Jesus was on the cross He was given vinegar and gall to drink. Where is that in the Psalms?
22. Which is the most quoted Psalm verse?
23. Why is Psalm 110:4 so important?
24. Which Psalm predicted that Messiah would be rejected a a cornerstone?
25. Which Psalm was quoted at Jesus’ triumphant entry into Jerusalem?
ANSWERS TO PSALMS Q & A
2. Psalms is the most quoted O.T. book inn the N. T.
3. Psalms is at the center.
4. Approximately half.
5. “Selah” is a musical rest. It is not to be pronounced.
6. Almost every subject is covered by the Psalms.
7. Messiah is speaking —not the writer.
8. Six: (10) 14:1-3; 53:1-3; (13) 5:9; 140:3; (14) 10:7; (18) 36:1
9. “The law” and “law” refer to Psalms and Isaiah in omans 3:10-18; the “law” principle is the will of God. “The law” includes Jews and “law” includes Gentiles.
10. Ps 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
11. Ps 2:8-9 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen or thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth or thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of ron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.
12. Ps 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
13. Ps 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither ilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. See Acts 2:27, 31.
14. Ps 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
15. Mt 27:46 quotes Psalm 22:1
Ps 22:1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
16. Ps 32:1-2 Blessed is he whose transgression is orgiven, whose sin is cove2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
17. Ps 37:11 the meek shall inherit the earth
18. Ps 40:6-8 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
19. Ps 41:9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
20. Ps 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.21. Ps 69:21
21. Ps 69:21
22. Ps 110:1The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
23. Referenced 7 times in Hebrews 5-7, it predicted the end of the Law and replacement of Aaron as high priest.
Ps 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. See Hebrews 5:6; 5:10; 6:20; 7:11; 7:11; 7:17; 7:21.
24. Ps 118:22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. See Mt 21:42-43.
25. Ps 118:26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD. See Mt 21:9.